Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Attitude

Wow. First of all, I just wanted to say that today's attitude discussion really opened up my eyes and made me more aware of how I am acting at all times and how I view the problems that come at me everyday. Since I was a little girl, my mom has gotten onto me about three things: my eye rolling, my tone of voice, and my attitude. I never realized how important it was to have a good attitude until we discussed it out loud in class.

I really do believe that "our attitudes are our most important assets." With a bad attitude, everything else in your life could have a dark light to it. However, with a good attitude, you are more likely to view everything in a positive light and you are more likely to get things accomplished more quickly and stay happy! People around you respond better to someone with a good attitude. A good attitude makes others more likely to WANT to work for or with someone opposed to someone with a bad/negative attitude.

At my youth group, a lot of times people will get loud and talkative during praise & worship and this is really frustrating to those who are trying to focus on God. Sometimes I get so frustrated that I want to tell everyone to be quiet loudly or something rude because I get so angry, but my youth director, Ron Tremblay, will calmly ask us all between songs to please remember that some people are using this time to focus on God and that we are distracting them. The way he asks, so nicely and respectfully, makes everyone want to listen to him and it gets things done more quickly and efficiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment