Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Problem vs. Challenge

In the Problem vs. Challenge exercise our goal was to make it fully across this electric rug without getting shocked. We had a minute to come up with a game plan with our teammates, and after the minute was up we weren't allowed to speak at all. As if that wasn't hard enough, we were also told to act as if each minute was money being lost. We also lost money for accidently talking or improperly retracing our steps off of the maze. We all encountered problems in this activity, but we viewed it as a challenge and were excited about completing the task before the other team. Becky Barker was the lady who came to visit us and she is the director of Leadership and Volunteerism for OU. A problem that I have turned into a challenge is that I have been really struggling with the way I look and the way I appear to other people a lot lately. This is hard to explain kind of, but basically I want people to think that I am a good person and trust me and be able to come to me for things. This has been a problem because I am constantly caught up in this, however, I have recently turned this into a challenge for myself by working towards not caring about how people view me and work on building my relationships with those people and letting them feel how they want about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment