Monday, February 8, 2010

Influences

The greatest influence in my life would have to be my mom. She has completely shaped who I am today. She was there for me and my siblings through everything and has sacrificed so much for us to be where we are today. Some of the greatest influences in my life outside of my family are the people I come into contact with on a day to day basis. People's opinions shape my opinions and hopefully mine can shape theirs. Or at least we can learn from each other. Sometimes I like to think that I'm always right, so by having my friends and other people in my life tell me otherwise, it helps me see truth in things. I think that since high school graduation, I try to be less influenced by other people than I was in the past. I believe having your own mind and speaking your own opinion is important. The longer I've lived on my own and been able to make my own decisions the more I realize the truth in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment